Definition of law
No one connected with the 'lectric law library, including sponsors, advertisers, & content providers, necessarily endorses, warrants or approves of any of its material. Over 4,700 entriesthis best-selling dictionary is an authoritative and comprehensive source of jargon-free legal information its entries clearly define the major terms, concepts, processes, and the organization of the english legal system described by leading university lecturers as 'the best law dictionary' and 'excellent for non-law. The definition of law is a set of conduct rules established by an authority, custom or agreement to take a problem or dispute to a law court for settlement. Rule of law definition: the rule of law refers to a situation in which the people in a society obey its laws and | meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. The legal definition of law is rules of conduct approved and enforced by the government of and over a certain territory (eg the 'laws' of australia.
Alm's lawcom online real life dictionary of the law the easiest-to-read, most user-friendly guide to legal terms use it free. Definition of law: a recognized causal link or principle whose violation must or should result in a penalty as failure, injury, loss, or pain dictionary term of day articles subjects sign up businessdictionary business dictionary. Law definition: the law is a system of rules that a society or government develops in order to deal with | meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
Clear definitions of legal terms written in common terminology the reference experts at merriam-webster guide you through the legalese. Define law law synonyms, law pronunciation, law translation, english dictionary definition of law n 1 a rule of conduct or procedure established by custom, agreement, or authority 2 a.
This best-selling dictionary is an authoritative and comprehensive source of jargon-free legal information. Equal protection of the law n the right of all persons to have the same access to the law an. Definition of law written for english language learners from the merriam-webster learner's dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels. Black's law dictionary is america's most trusted law dictionary online black's law dictionary (2nd ed) is free to use online for your legal dictionary needs.
Definition of law
A dictionary of law this is an advance summary of a forthcoming entry in the encyclopedia of law please check back later for the full entry. One of the most practical works of its kind, the people's law dictionary is a comprehensive source of meanings and use for thousands of today's most common legal terms the people's law dictionary has gained widespread praise for its scope and clarity and contains definitions, context and usage for over 3,000 terms.
- Definition from wiktionary, the free dictionary jump to: navigation, search see also: law contents 1 english 11 then, thwarted, the wretched creature went to the police for help she was versed in the law, and had perhaps spared no pains to keep on good terms with the.
- Definition of law - the system of rules which a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and which it may e.
- Looking for definition of law law explanation define law by webster's dictionary, wordnet lexical database, dictionary of computing, legal dictionary, medical dictionary, dream dictionary.
- Download definitions of law notes, what is law, purposes & sense of law, law is consisted of the rules recognized & acted upon by the court of justice.
- Definition of law - max weber (german sociologist born 1954) lawexist if it is externally guaranteed by the probability of coercion (physical or psychological) to bring about conformity or avenge violation, and is.
Law definition is — define law: a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized asdefine law: a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as how to use law in a sentence. Definition of what is law in the legal dictionary - by free online english dictionary and encyclopedia what is what is law meaning of what is law as a legal term what does what is law mean in law. Webster's new world law dictionary online and free at yourdictionarycom. The law is god's instructions concerning the moral, social, and spiritual behavior of his people found in the first five books of the bible. Law definition, the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision see more.